How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what's it about?
It took me a while to settle on a name. I knew I wanted to incorporate my love of baking cakes in it somehow. So after writing down every name possibility, my husband and I came up with Mama Cake's Inn.
Mama Cake's Inn started off as just a place for stay-at-home moms to learn about cake decorating and get a little insight to my life. But soon after it has turned into all of that plus a place for a little inspiration. A place where you can come on a bad day and leave feeling a whole lot better. I want to spread my positive thinking and way of life with the world.
Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Where doesn't it come from! I find inspiration from everything around me. Things that happen in my everyday life have inspired a few post. As well as the books I read and the music I listen to. My family and my husband are the ones who have pushed me into starting this blog. And I thank God everyday for them.
Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
Of course, I can!
- I really love to write. My love for writing is what made me start this blog. I tend to write no matter how I'm feeling.
- I love pens in different colors. My favorite are the Inkjoy pens. As I wrote this post on paper I wrote every answer in different colors.
- I am obsessed with Post-it notes. I have a pencil box that is full of Post-It notes in every color and different sizes. I love back to school season because of this. I'm a nerd like that!
- I love to bake and decorate cakes. I have made hundreds of cakes over the past 5 years. And I never took a single class or lesson on how cake decorating. I am all self taught. And after doing this for all these years a few weeks ago I finally had my very first Frozen cake. It was a Castle Cake.
- My hair is naturally straight. I have gotten question about what products I use or the brand of straightener. And I just say I don't use any my hair is just straight. They laugh and just say how lucky I am. Yet, back in high school, I hated my hair. I would curl is everyday.
- I like taking really hot showers. It doesn't matter the weather outside I always take a hot shower. And I love to soak in a hot bath too!
- I have a small SUV that I have named Red. I love her! Later in life I would love a big 4x4 truck to be named Big Red and a Mustang to be named Little Red. Yes, I have names picked out for my future vehicles.
- I really love donuts. I think they are amazing. I will sometimes eat one after grocery shopping before getting home. Then I throw away the evidence. No one will ever know! Well, after reading this they will.
- My favorite animal is a cat. We adopted a fat, fluffy tabby cat named April. Well, she kinda adopted us. She was my anniversary gift about 5 years ago. I love her! She's my furry child.
- I am addicted to soda. Coke is my favorite. I get really grouchy if I go a few days without any soda.
- I love to read. But I can't read books on my phone or tablet. It has to be an actual book that I can hold in my hands. And I love the way they smell. I will just hold it to my nose and breath.
What is something you've been loving lately?
Lately, I have really been loving going on walks/runs. Well, more walking than running. I enjoy the peacefulness and calm from a good walk. When running I'll push myself to run a little more that before.
What is it you love most about blogging?
I love that I can be myself. I can say whatever I want. I enjoy sharing my life and thoughts with other people from all over the world.
If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- I wish to have a big house on some land. A house with my dream kitchen and double ovens.
- I wish I could travel more. I miss having my toes in the sand at the beach.
- I wish for happiness and joy for everyone in the world, Especially for my kids and husband.
What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
Ever since I was younger I have always wanted to go to Egypt. Ancient Egypt had always fascinated me. I love that they had Gods and Goddesses.
What are you currently watching or reading?
Well, I am currently watching the movie Just Friends. Mainly because there is nothing else on TV. And I am currently reading When Jesus Speaks to a Woman's Heart by Donna K. Maltese. I love inspirational books.
What is the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?
The most embarrassing thing would be wearing a white dress and getting completely soaked on a water rafting ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom. I don't remember the name of the ride. I just know that you could see everything. Luckily, my husbands uncle gave me his shirt to cover up. Oh, and my oldest daughter, Miss E, got soaked too!
What would be the nicest thing someone could so for you?
I'm a mom and what is any nice thing a mom would want. To have an entire day to just relax, with no kids and no worries.
If your 5-year-old self could see you now, what would surprise her the most about your life right now?
My 5-year-old self would probably be surprised by all the toys my kids have and maybe the fact that I have kids. When I was 5, I had no worries. All I cared about was toys and having fun.
Thanks for taking the time to read a little more about me. I hope you stick around and enjoy the blog. Come back often!
Christine at Amidst the Chaos
Ashley at Mom Meets Marriage
Leilani at Keeping up with Mrs. Smith
Cat at Pocketful of Posies
Fiona at Wishes, Hopes and Dreams
Jamie at Life is Sweeter by Design
Breanna at Faith 'N' Coffee
Chrisy at Homemade Hooplah
Nancy at Spiffykerms
Tara Joy at Faith in Every Day
Stacey at The Hobby Collector
Now, go pay a visit to these lovely blogs!
- Answer the eleven questions given to you by the person that nominated you.
- Comment on this post with your link when you are done. I would love to see your answers!
- In your post, link back to the person/blog who nominated you! Don't for get to give a thank you shout out.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 on the social media platform of your choice, and give them eleven questions of your choice.
- Remember to notify your nominees of their nomination, and provide a like to your post.
Here are your 11 questions:
- How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what's it about?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
- What is something you've been loving lately?
- What is it you love most about blogging?
- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
- What are you currently watching or reading?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?
- What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone else?
- What is one dream you hope to see come true?